General Healthy Eating Tips
Eat plenty foods which are rich in carbohydrates, this will keep your energy levels high, particularly at competition times. Good sources of carbohydrates are
- Breakfast cereals – such as shredded wheat, weetabix, bran flakes, muesli and porridge.
- Bread – wholemeal, granary, pitta bread, rolls, crumpets, bagels.
- Crisp bread, water biscuits, wholemeal crackers, oatcakes and rice cakes.
- Potatoes – boiled, mashed and jacket (not chips!)
- Pizza bases – choose low fat toppings
- Beans – baked, red kidney, borlotti, cannelloni.
Vegetables – carrots, parsnips, swede, beetroot. All types of fruit. Yoghurt – low fat. Plain biscuits – rich tea, plain digestives (watch for fat content!) Sweets – jelly beans, jelly babies. Sweetened soft drinks.
Drink plenty fluids and eat plenty fruit. Read the rest of this entry »